I guess I should explain for the non-fly tier/fisher: A few years ago the hackle industry was overwhelmed with the then fashionable style of long cock feathers blended in with the hair. Less worthy feathers were used for earrings too. The trend passed and the feathers again became a bit more plentiful in fly shops for tiers. In looking at this above image, I believe the look is actual feathers, but rather the hair colored into a grizzly pattern. I do hope so…..
Welcome to SwittersB & Fly Fishing. Please Share, Comment & Like Away!
Please subscribe just below. Use the Search box to search topics.
Dutch Meyers Said…….
"Fight 'til hell freezes over, then fight 'em on the ice." Search Box Below
Sharing the Wisdom of Others & A Little Bit From Me Now and Then
Blog Stats: There are lies, damn lies and statistics
- 3,411,553 Visits/Views (WP Original Stat~Pre Flag Counter Stats)
SwittersB’s Map of Visitors (Fun) Open and Click Here on the Map
- Photography: Just Another Sunrise.............. wp.me/pcI6T-7Kf~~ 5 hours ago
- Travel & Nature: Islotes Island Sea Cave wp.me/pcI6T-7K9~~ 18 hours ago
- Photography: Flare...La Llamarada wp.me/pcI6T-7K6~~ 1 day ago
- Life: Wild Ones!! Hold Onto Your Hat!! wp.me/pcI6T-7K3~~ 1 day ago