Well, when one finally wanders off the ranch you never know what you’ll run into. If you follow along with SwittersB, for awhile, you will note that I don’t solely focus upon flies and fish. There is a big, beautiful world out there. And, may I just say that Natalia Sarkissian at Postcards from Italy captures that beauty and human essence with her photography and words.
So, my day was considerably brightened today when Ms. Sarkissian bestowed upon me the honorable Sunshine Award.
Ms. Sarkissian wrote.. “My favorite blogs, the ones I herewith, with much fanfare and lots of ado, nominate for a Sunshine Award:
-the smart and savvy Switters B & Flyfishing whose blog is a treasure trove of interesting material, on matters fishy and otherwise;…”
Somewhere along the way I have brightened her day and she accorded me the same courtesy. There are a few disclosure requirements that go along with this recognition:
a) Include the award logo in a post or somewhere on your blog.
b) Answer 10 questions about yourself.
c) Nominate other fabulous bloggers (ok, I didn’t go with 10+).
d) Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blog, letting them know about the award.
e) Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
So some questions I have devised and the answers to go with them:
1) What are the most exotic destinations I have traveled to? Well, I am not as well traveled as most but I have a couple memorable trips. In 1994, I traveled to Moscow to teach for a few weeks and had many great encounters and a few years ago I was fortunate to travel to Christmas Island (Kiritimati) on a fly fishing adventure.
2) What was my first car? It was a 1949 Buick Roadmaster. It was vintage then (1965), but I had no idea. I just couldn’t wait to get a 1963 Chevy Impala a short time later.
3) SwittersB why do you walk, move and look so funny? Well, six different surgeries from my heel to my noggin have put me into an odd configuration…like a toy action figure missing pieces and the batteries.
4) What kind of movies to I most enjoy? I will watch most anything, but I am usually also puttering away researching for my blogs. But, if a 1930’s or 40’s film noir movie is on, I am fully engaged. I also love the Thin Man series with Nick and Nora Charles. I think I many have some Nicky in me.
5) Geeze, SwittersB you live in Portland, Oregon…the loadstone, the hub of brewing, of those earthy brews and all the variety and….well what are your favorite microbrews? Oh goodness. I might as well put on my overalls and head east of Gresham. I don’t particularly like most microbrews and am quite content with a Pacifico, Coors Light, Bud Light or German Lager. I mean I can put down some Ruby Red’s or Terminators but not my preference.
6) Boxers or Briefs? Ha! Funny question.
7) The clans that spawned me…what were their origins: England & France (Dad’s side) France (Hungary) & Germany (Mom’s side).
8) If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do? Oh that is way too complex for SwittersB to answer.
9) If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake? Because we worry way too much what others will think?
10) Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous? I am becoming ever more private so I don’t need to be famous; attractive? Hmmm? Then I would have to dye my hair and the last time I did that it turned reddish orange. Maybe for some $$$$$$$$$$. But, not if I end up drooling and can’t remember where I put my teeth.
There you have my profound thoughts. Not a thing about fly fishing either. Now, my opportunity to recognize some bloggers out there that brighten my day.
~Memoirs of a Fly Girl (fly fishing, heritage, motherhood and traditions)
~GreatPoetryMHF’s (Every Day She Makes You Think & Feel)
~Jodie Ambrose and Postivity (A twist, an edge, a positive push..I like her)
~Secret Life of a Manhattan Call Girl (Stella is awesome. Open mind zone. Reality based)
~Where In the Hell is Matt? (Tremendous effort by Matt…watch all the videos and lift your heart)
~Nalan Filiz Serkaya (Elegance & Fanciful)
~Let’s Talk About Family (Unofficial…for now…she has little time to comply, but bless her)
Now if I was back on the ranch (remember way at the top I pulled that out) I would point to quite a few exceptional fly fishing blogs. But, I am going to stop here. Check out the above fabulous bloggers. And, may I just say thank you to the wonderful Natalia once again. You made my day.