“The city of Portland, Oregon is ideal for growing roses outdoors due to its location within the marine west coast climate region, its warm, dry summers and rainy but mild winters, and its heavy clay soils. Portland has been known as the “City of Roses”, or “Rose City”, since 1888, after the Madame Caroline Testout, a large pink variety of hybrid tea rose bred in France, was introduced to the city. Thousands of rose bushes were planted, eventually lining 20 miles of Portland’s streets in preparation for the Lewis and Clark Centennial Exposition in 1905.” (More about Portland Roses)
SEARCH SWITTERSB RIGHT HERE BACK TO 2008
Below @ “The Past” you can search back to 2008 month by month
Count your blessings, instead of your troubles. You attract more blessings by acknowledging the ones you already have, no matter how small they may seem.
Welcome to SwittersB & Exploring. Please Share, Comment & Like Away!
Please subscribe just below. Use the Search box to search topics.
Dutch Meyers Said…….
"Fight 'til hell freezes over, then fight 'em on the ice." Search Box Below
Blog Stats: There are lies, damn lies and statistics
- 4,066,932 Visits/Views (WP Original Stat~Pre Flag Counter Stats)
- taking risks… swittersb.wordpress.com/2017/02/27/tak… https://t.co/tNoTQlLi1d~~ 1 hour ago
- The last of Winter… swittersb.wordpress.com/2017/02/26/the… https://t.co/tw9NxGa1wR~~ 23 hours ago
- there was a time… swittersb.wordpress.com/2017/02/25/the… https://t.co/lVS9zP49g1~~ 1 day ago
- time to soar… swittersb.wordpress.com/2017/02/24/tim… https://t.co/duCERIdoml~~ 3 days ago
Sic Semper Tyrannis
There’s No Accounting For Taste; Search the Blog for Much More. Thanks for Visiting!
C. S. Lewis on Do Gooder Tyranny
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”