Cooler temps, and an all day feeding frenzy yielded many encounters with dining Rainbow Trout on an Oregon lake. The day started with Midges (Chironomids) and they kept coming off from early morning until a lull around 5PM. An emergence of the Callibaetis mayfly and a spinner fall added additional action just below the surface with large swirls and porpoising rises. Caddis fluttered about and there was the additional (rarely seen by me) Waterboatmen emerging and later splatting back through the surface film to swim toward the bottom. There was a sense of energy on the part of the fish, I hadn’t seen on recent outings. Colder mornings, geese flying South, foliage turning colors, the sun at a lower angle…not Fall yet, but one senses that late Summer feel.
SEARCH SWITTERSB RIGHT HERE BACK TO 2008
Below @ “The Past” you can search back to 2008 month by month
Count your blessings, instead of your troubles. You attract more blessings by acknowledging the ones you already have, no matter how small they may seem.
Welcome to SwittersB & Exploring. Please Share, Comment & Like Away!
Please subscribe just below. Use the Search box to search topics.
Dutch Meyers Said…….
"Fight 'til hell freezes over, then fight 'em on the ice." Search Box Below
Blog Stats: There are lies, damn lies and statistics
- 4,049,956 Visits/Views (WP Original Stat~Pre Flag Counter Stats)
- Rising waters…. swittersb.wordpress.com/2017/01/16/401… https://t.co/IdHQxNunjE~~ 10 hours ago
- cold morning, coastal river… swittersb.wordpress.com/2017/01/15/col… https://t.co/m0vjFvY2dV~~ 1 day ago
- tributary tumbling down… swittersb.wordpress.com/2017/01/15/tri… https://t.co/3VzCTWBt6P~~ 1 day ago
- Spencer spies Penny the Cat… swittersb.wordpress.com/2017/01/14/spe… https://t.co/2QFEUB2qyL~~ 2 days ago
Sic Semper Tyrannis
There’s No Accounting For Taste; Search the Blog for Much More. Thanks for Visiting!
C. S. Lewis on Do Gooder Tyranny
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”